Download archived reports (requires registration and login):
ABOUT THE VPS
The Macao Visitor Profile Survey (VPS) is conducted and reported quarterly. In addition, ITRC publishes occasional reports with a special focus. The VPS supplements general visitor data and information regularly provided by other government agencies such as the MGTO, the Census and Statistics service (DSEC). The VPS aims to:
- Provide greater detail and analysis of behavioral and psychological variables of visitors to Macao.
- Deliver more in-depth and relevant cross tabulated data analyses and presentation.
- Identify and analyze segments across different and multiple variables and track how different visitor segments evolve over time.
- Highlight occasional qualitative data that incorporates attitudinal and motivational data, among others.
Over the long run, the VPS aims to generate a sufficiently rich database to help evaluate the impact and effectiveness of destination management and marketing efforts employed by Macao as a whole or by individual tourism organizations (for example, event planners and individual hotels).
NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
VPS in the media:
- Macau Business Daily (2016 April) - "Most surveyed gamblers spent under MOP1,000"
- Macau Business Daily (2015 dec) - "Over one-third of gaming visitors spent MOP1,000 in Q2"
- Macau Business (2014 April) - "Gamblers tend to shun holiday crowds, survey finds"
- Macau Business (2013 July) - "Gambling arrivals continue to shrink"
- Macau Business (2012 Nov) - "Less visitors coming primarily for gambling: study"