Download archived reports (requires registration and login):
ABOUT THE MTSI
The Macao Tourist Satisfaction Index (MTSI) is conducted and published quarterly. The MTSI measures visitors’ satisfaction across 10 tourism related sectors. This includes (a) hotels, (b) restaurants, (c) transportation, (d) heritage attractions, (e) non-heritage attractions, (f) retail shops, (g) public services (e.g. customs and immigration), (h) events, (i) tour operators and guides, and (j) gaming. An overall satisfaction index (or TSI) for the tourism industry in Macao is then estimated based on the sectoral results.
Essentially, the TSI tracks how well tourism services and organizations in Macao perform in satisfying visitors over time, identifying which sectors are weak or strong in performance. Information gathered from the MTSI is used to:
- Provide industry with a regular and updated assessment of the “health” and effectiveness of Macao's tourism and hospitality services in serving the need of its guests and visitors.
- Evaluate the performance of Macao's tourism and hospitality service sectors and identify possible areas for improvement.
- Provide a competitive benchmark for Macao's tourism and hospitality service sector relative to its past performance and other destinations (e.g. compared to Hong Kong).
NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
MTSI in the media:
- Ponto Final (May 2017) - "Visitantes não estavam tão satisfeitos desde 2011"
- Observado Portugal (2016 Jul) - "Turistas não vão a Macau por causa dos casinos"
- Macau Business Daily (2016 Mar) - "Shine comes off visitor satisfaction"
- GGRAsia (2016 Mar) - "Visitor satisfaction with Macau casinos at 4-year low: poll"
- Macau Business (2014 Jul) - "Tourist satisfaction with Macau decreases in Q1"
- Macau Business (2014 Feb) - "Tourist satisfaction index grows slightly in Q4"
- Macau Business (2013 Oct) - "Tourist satisfaction decreases slightly in Q3"
- Macau Business Daily (2013 Oct) - "Visito satisfaction hits 18-month low"
- Macau Business (2013 Jan) - "Tourist satisfaction on the rise last year"
- Hong Kong Daily (2013 Jan) - "Macao Tourist Satisfaction Index slightly increases, better than 2011 but no signs yet of sustained improvement"
- Macau Business (2012 Nov) - "Tourist satisfaction goes up slightly"
- Macau Business (2012 Jul) - "Tourism satisfaction stays put"
- Macau Business (2011 Oct) - "Tourist satisfaction dropping: study"
- Macau Daily Times (2011 Oct) - "Visitor satisfaction declining: study"